- Enjoy two best-selling Athens experiences at one discounted price with this Super Saver
- Discover fascinating archeological findings from ancient Greece at the Acropolis Museum
- Take a scenic half-day trip to Cape Sounion’s stunning Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean Sea
- Entrance fees and round-trip transport by air-conditioned coach included
Departure & Return
Hotel Amalia Athens, Syntagma square, opposite the National Garden
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Relax into your air-conditioned coach and drive to the Acropolis, the ancient citadel of Athens perched high above the city on a rocky outcrop. Head through the gates with your guide, and stroll around the top Acropolis attractions, including the Temple of Athena Nike, Propylea, Erechtheion, and the spectacular Parthenon.
Having explored these classical masterpieces, continue to the Panathenaic Stadium, the arena that hosted the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Snap photos of the all-marble stadium and then drive to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the Greek Parliament House in Syntagma Square.
Admire the handsome government buildings around the square, and then head along Panepistimiou Street, one of Athens’ main avenues. See St. Dionysius Cathedral with its arcaded portico, and pass the elegant buildings of the University of Athens, National Library, and Academy of Athens.
Lastly, pay a visit to the New Acropolis Museum, the ultra-modern museum that houses many of the classical statues, friezes, and artifacts recovered from the Acropolis. After viewing the highlights here, conclude your sightseeing tour, and enjoy free time to relax or have lunch (own expense) at a local taverna before your afternoon tour.
Afternoon Cape Sounion Trip: Reconvene with your coach and leave Athens behind as you journey south to Cape Sounion. As you travel, admire the beautiful beaches of the Saronic Gulf and hear tales of the Cape and its showpiece: the glimmering white Temple of Poseidon.
On arrival, leave your coach and walk up to the temple, built high on cliffs overlooking the Aegean Sea. Take in the awesome sea views and if it’s clear weather, gaze out over the island of Kea in the distance. Admire the Doric columns of the ancient temple and hear about the Greek myths that surround the building. Then, see the inscription made on one of the columns by the English poet Lord Byron in the early 1800s. Afterward, travel back to Athens where your tour ends at your hotel or the original start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No tours on Christmas Day, New Years Day and Orthodox Easter
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Your guide will give you your entry tickets to the sites and museums
- Port , airport or private apartment pickup are not available
- Very important: Children , students aged 5 to 12 years old must hold passport or ID in order to get the discounted price. Otherwise they will pay entrance ticket to the Archaelogical sites or Museums.
- Mask: is mandatory for clients and staff in the bus and closed museums
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- OPERATED BY CHAT Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews