- Full-day tour of Ephesus, the House of the Virgin Mary, and Sirince Village from Izmir
- Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Ephesus including the Odeon and the Celsus Library
- Visit the House of the Virgin Mary and St John’s Basilica, where John the Apostle is buried
- Marvel at the remains of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Enjoy wine tasting in the traditional Turkish village of Sirince
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, entrance fees, and buffet lunch
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 2 hours before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide and small group of no more than 15 people around the UNESCO-listed ruins, pausing to admire archeological wonders such as the Temple Of Hadrian, the magnificent Celsus Library, and the Great Theatre, which seats up to 24,000 people. Learn more about life in ancient Roman times as you peek into the Public Latrines and Roman Baths, stroll around the Agora, and walk down the grand marble-paved Arcadian Way.
After tucking into a delicious buffet lunch (included) at a local restaurant, pay a visit to St John’s Basilica, where John the Apostle is buried, and the site of the Temple of Artemis, which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Continue to the House of the Virgin Mary, perched atop the Bulbul Mountain, where Mary is alleged to have spent the final years of her life. Head inside to see the shrine of the Virgin Mary, and perhaps drink from the spring, said to possess healing qualities.
Finally, head to Sirince where you’ll get a glimpse of life in a traditional Turkish village and indulge in a wine tasting of local wines. Be sure to sample the village’s famous pomegranate wine.
After a full day uncovering Turkey’s ancient past, return to Izmir, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Metin Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff