8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Travel back to Roman times with a private tour of one of Turkey’s most impressive ancient cities, Ephesus, and enjoy the undivided attention of your guide as you explore the UNESCO Word Heritage site. Pose for photos by the grand Library of Celsius; walk through the Great Theatre, where St Paul once preached; and see the ruins of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. After lunch, pay a visit to St John's Basilica and the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Private Tour of the ruins of Ephesus and St. Mary's House from Izmir
- Visit the final resting place of the Virgin Mary
- Explore the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven wonders of the Ancient World
- Enjoy authentic Turkish cuisine
- Transport by private vehicle
- English-speaking local guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop off
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Ephesus and St. Mary's House?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Ephesus and St. Mary's House?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Ephesus and St. Mary's House?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Ephesus and St. Mary's House
5 hours 30 minutes
13 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingIzmirBus Tours - Aegean CoastArchaeology Tours - Aegean CoastHistorical Tours - Aegean CoastFull-day Tours - Aegean CoastBus Tours - SelçukArchaeology Tours - SelçukHistorical Tours - SelçukFull-day Tours - SelçukBus Tours - KusadasiArchaeology Tours - KusadasiHistorical Tours - KusadasiFull-day Tours - KusadasiCategory