- Cook and eat authentic Moroccan Tajine
- Learn some Arabic and shop for fresh ingredients from a local open-air market called a souq
- Make a classic Moroccan Tajine
- Feast on your culinary creations in a peaceful riad setting
- Recipe sheet included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Outside Café France in Djemaa El-Fna. As you walk into Djemaa El-Fna through the main entrance this is a 3-storey café on the right side of the square. Look for the guide holding an Urban Adventures sign or badge.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your trip by meeting your group and guide at 9am in the Djemaa El Fna, the central square at the heart of Marrakech. Follow your guide through the winding city streets back to a riad to kick off your food experience. Pick up a few Arabic words that you’ll put to use as you bargain for ingredients like vegetables, meat and, most importantly, spices at the local souq. During your shopping trip you’ll be on the lookout for typical Moroccan ingredients including mint and olives from the city of Meknes, saffron from Taliouine and citrus from Fez.
Once you’ve finished your shopping, return to your riad to begin your hands-on cooking session. Follow your guide’s instructions as you prepare a typical Moroccan dish such as tagine or the comparable tangia (composed of couscous with vegetables and meat), pastila (an apple-based dessert) or harira (a traditional North African soup served with dates).
Afterward, dig into your freshly-prepared meal set inside the beautiful courtyard of your riad. You’ll also leave your session with a recipe sheet, allowing you to re-create your dish when you return home (and impress family and friends).
Finish your culinary experience by returning to the city’s Djemaa El Fna, where you can continue your day by shopping for spices and immersing yourself in the whirlwind of smells, sights and sounds that characterize this unique city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended.
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Morocco
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms