Explore our promoted experiences
- Half-day Ostia Antica tour from Rome
- See Ostia's Amphitheatre, Forum of the Corporations, Collegiate Temple and public baths
- Small group tour with a professional guide
- Train tickets included
Departure & Return
Departure PointProvince of Rome, Province of Rome, Lazio
Cafe Piramide, when facing the Piramide metro (Line B – the blue line) stop on your right hand side is the cafè, just in view of the train tracks and the exit from the trains. You can recognize the cafè by the red umbrellas on the tables outside.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
When you arrive, take a leisurely walking tour through the ancient ruins, noting their highly preserved state for which this archaeological site is so renowned. Dating as far back as the 4th century BC, the ruins include structures like an amphitheater, the Forum of the Corporations, the Collegiate Temple, taverns and public baths. Once home to more than 100,000 people, Ostia was the port city of Ancient Rome.
Walk along the main road, Decumanus Maximus, while your guide tells you stories about life in town. Admire the intact Roman statues that line the walkways; pass by the Baths of Neptune, crowned by a mosaic that depicts the Roman god of the sea behind a 4-hourse chariot; and take a seat in the amphitheater, which dates back to 12 BC and was built to hold 3,500 spectators. Shops and apartments make up some of the smaller buildings.
When your time at the site is up, you’ll return to Rome by train.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under the age of 18 might be requested to show their ID card at the entrance of the site, so please bring it with you on the tour.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience